How To Make Weed Tea
Marijuana infused tea offers an alternative way to get the benefits of THC without having to deal with the harmful effects of smoking. Making marijuana tea is actually a fairly straightforward process. If you haven’t tried it before you
should give it a shot, as it can be prepared in well under an hour with just a few steps and basic ingredients.
Historically marijuana tea has been used by Jamaican, Indian and other communities as a treatment to relieve morning sickness, nausea, and other ailments. In India, the tea is known as bhang, which is a drink made with clarified butter, milk, spices, and cannabis paste. Bhang has been used recreationally and medically for centuries in India.
Remember that when you are making marijuana tea that just soaking the buds in hot water definitely won’t work; it will create a drink that won’t get you high but might taste decent. You need to use a method that will extract the THC, and because THC is fat soluble the recipe should use butter or milk.
Below are the basic steps to making your own weed tea latte, and although there are many different recipes that you might find, this one is both easy and effective:
- 2 cups of full fat milk or hemp milk
- 1 gram of cannabis, ground
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 2 bags of tea of your preferred flavor
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 stainless steel strainer
- stove top
- 1 large saucepan
How To Make Weed Tea (Step by Step)
1.Grind the cannabis – remove any seeds or stems from the marijuana and grind the buds with a grinder or a knife. Grind the buds finely, avoiding grinding them up too much to where they become powdery.
2. Mix the cannabis with the milk, butter and vanilla and blend until smooth.
3. Allow mixture to rest for one hour at room temperature.
4. Add water to mixture and pour into a large saucepan.
5. Heat mixture until boiling, reduce to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, pour over strainer . Steep for 5 minutes and carefully remove.
7. Pour tea, add your favorite sweetener and enjoy!
You will start to feel the effect after about 30 to 60 minutes at least. If you are not experienced with edibles you should be sure to drink the mixture slowly to avoid taking in too much at once.
The high from weed tea is longer lasting than smoking and it can continue up to 6 to 8 hours. Also, the more grams of cannabis that you use for the tea, the stronger that it will obviously be, so be careful to measure the quantity out accurately.